John Green is believed to be the son of John Green and Annie Gideon. He was born in Jackson County, Georgia in about 1813. John married Winnie Dial on January 16, 1830. Winney was born in 1813 in Georgia. John and Winney had seven children before Winney’s death between 1849 and 1854. I have no record of John or Winney’s burial location. After Winney’s death John married Lucity Goad. They had also had seven children. Note that John has a LDS File as does Winney.
Below is a list of the children of John Green and his two wives. The first seven children were by Winney Dial. The next seven were from Lucity Goad.
1) William T. Green, B: 1849 in Tennessee
2) Winny Anna Green, B: 06 May 1832 in Tennessee
3) John Green, B: 1834 in Tennessee
4) Susanna Green, B: 1836 in Tennessee
5) Robert Green, B: 1838 in Tennessee
6) Patrick Terriel Green, B: 23 Feb 1840 in Tennessee
7) Martha J. Green, B: 1843 in Tennessee
8) Winfield Scott Green, B: 1854 in Claiborne County, Tennessee
9) Henry R. Green, B: 1855 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
10) Winnie Green, B: 1858 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
11) John Green, B: 1860 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
12) Luther Green, B: 1862 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
13) Margaret Green, B: 1865 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
14) Mary E. Green, B: 1869 in Lawrence County, Tennessee
1 Lyn Rose Family Page on Rootsweb (www.worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-
2. Lyn Rose E-mail 4/12/2000.
3 1850 Lawrence County, Tennessee Census
4 John Green File LDS AFN:107Z-LP6.
5 Lawrence County Marriage, Lawrence County, Tennessee GenWeb Site.
6 Green Marriage from Lawrence County MarriageBook.
7 Early Middle Tennessee Marriages, Vol 1 Grooms, Byron Sistler.
8 1860 Lawrence County Tennesse Census.
9 John Green LDS AFN:107Z-LP6.
10 E-mail from Laura Brown (lauraB62@aol.com) 5/1/00.
11 E-mail from Laura Brown (lauraB62@aol.com) 6/14/2000.
12 Early Tennessee Marriages, Vol. 2 Brides, Byron Sistler.
13 1900 Lauderdale County, Alabama Census.
14 Partial Inventory of Granny Richardson Cemtery.
15 Pat McDonald "Decendants of John Killen" Received 4/29/00.
16 "as I have been told" website (www.homepages.rootsweb.com).
17 Hughes Branch - Laura Brown
18 Personal Observation of Richardson Chapel by Greg Green 7/2/00.
19 E-mail from Jim Allen Johnson 5/24/00 (email@example.com).
20 Social Security Death Index.
21 Heather Marie Maness Family Home Page.
22. Winney Dial File LDS AFN: 1Q6C-92